We are currently seeking an experienced Furnace Engineer to work with a leading EPC company based out of Houston, TX. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services, including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and environmental services.
The Furnace Engineer is primarily responsible for performing detailed engineering design activities in support of very large projects in the EPC phase.
The Furnace Engineer is also responsible for:
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert for Fired Equipment including Ground flares, Elevated Flares, Thermal Oxidizers and Furnaces
- Maintaining and promoting a focus on the end product whether engineering, fabrication or construction
- Effectively communicating technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers
- Ensuring effective communications among other engineering disciplines
- Ensuring effective management of change
- Maintaining and supporting any site specific requirements or standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years of detailed Fired Equipment design experience within the Oil & Gas, EPC industry; 5+ years of recent experience with ground flares, thermal oxidizers and furnaces
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license a plus
- Experience with LNG or Ethylene related projects strongly preferred