We are currently seeking a Project Engineer with 6-10+ years of experience for a long-term contract opportunity with a prominent Pipeline company based in Anchorage, Alaska.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the technical oversight of multiple maintenance construction projects in the Pipeline System. The selected candidate will provide the following:
- Technical oversight of assigned construction projects from conception through to completion.
- Follow the Front End Loading (FEL) Process which includes Appraise, Develop, and Define, and see the project through the Execution and Close-out stages.
- Responsible for sponsor interface, work scope definition, design engineering, material procurement support, field implementation support, project change requests, inspection requirements, survey coordination, and close out documentation.
- All technical issues that arise throughout the project are directed to the Project Engineer for final approval.
- Manage the contract design engineering firm regarding scope, cost, schedule, and change control as well as the technical aspects such as APSC design basis, technical specifications, industry codes and standards, and government regulations.
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate and coordinate between operations, maintenance, risk and integrity management, technical standards, subject matter experts, safety, environment, quality, inspections, project controls, and all implementation contractors.
- Take a lead role in setting up and participating PHA / HAZOP, Decision and Risk Analysis, and Level of Protection Analysis.
- Provide technical reviews of temporary operating procedures and safe project procedures as required.
- Assist the Project Manager and Construction Manager in the development of project execution plans, constructability reviews, and risk assessments.
- Travel to the field as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree with a major in engineering
- 10+ years of engineering experience managing industrial construction projects
- Minimum of 5 years experience in petrochemical, oil and gas
- Arctic Pipeline experience is preferred
- Candidate must be able to multi task and work on several projects at a time
- TWIC required
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Project Management Professional (PMP) are preferred