We are currently seeking an Instrument & Electrical Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity in Houston, TX. Our client is a full-service engineering, procurement, and construction company operating with current licenses and registrations in over 35 states.
The Instrument & Electrical Engineer is primarily responsible for designing, preparing, reviewing and approving various engineering and design deliverables, including the Scope of work, Design Basis, execution plans, Power System Analysis, electrical equipment and cable sizing, Electrical Power Distribution system, load lists, one line diagrams, Hazardous Area Classification and layouts for substation/ electrical building, power, cable tray, grounding, lighting, schematics and wiring diagrams, cable/ conduit schedules, panel/ termination details, installation details, specifications, datasheets, Inspection Test plans for electrical equipment, systems, and mechanical packages.
The Instrument & Electrical Engineer is also responsible for:
- Planning, engineering, design, procurement and construction of Electrical Systems for Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Chemical, and Power Generation Projects.
- Ensuring compliance with industry codes and standards as well as Company policies, procedures and guidelines; developing and improving department procedures and processes.
- Leading and guiding project team to design and build within safety, quality, scope, quantity, cost, schedule and productivity targets; planning, monitoring, controlling and reporting the progress.
- Providing consultation and guidance, and mentoring less experienced engineers and designers.
- Coordinating electrical engineering and design with other engineering disciplines, construction, High Value Engineering Centers, Client, vendors, 3rd party Contractors, and Electric Utility Company.
- Ensuring and performing effective scope and change management.
- Guiding, supporting and participating in design reviews for 3D modelling, constructibility and value engineering.
- Supporting procurement activities including Inquiry Requisition, Technical Bid Evaluations, Purchase Requisition, vendor drawing review and FAT; supporting procurement and vendor drawing review for Mechanical packages and other disciplines.
- Providing support to construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup.
- Supporting proposals including review of ITT, clarifications, and estimation of engineering man-hours, material quantities and cost.
- Performing field visits/ surveys.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on Power Systems
- 8-20 years of Electrical Engineering experience
- Experience in electrical engineering, design, procurement and construction for LNG, Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, and Power Generation Projects
- Sound knowledge of National Electrical code (NEC); knowledge of all project phases (Pre-Feed, Feed, EPC)
- Experience with 69kV (and above) substations, tie-ins/ modifications and interfacing with Electric Utility Company; experience with modularization and large motors (synchronous & induction) plus VFD or LCI drive
- Proficiency using ETAP and SKM Powertools preferred