We are currently seeking an I/E Designer for a long-term contract opportunity in Houston, TX. Our client is a full-service engineering, procurement, and construction company operating with current licenses and registrations in over 35 states.
The Senior I&E Designer is primarily responsible for driving instrumentation and electrical design efforts for assigned heavy industrial projects, including the organization and project planning.
The Senior I&E Designer will be responsible for:
- Preparing electrical designs; preparing drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Determining instrument specification, sizing, selection and drawings; determining control systems specifications, software designs and configurations
- Providing necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and the correct installation of materials
- Applying NEC codes; performing calculations related to sizing electrical circuits and equipment
- Preparing and disseminating all required documentation records, including status reports, punch lists, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc. to management
- Verifying instrument installation, calibration and operation
- Developing wiring and installation drawings for electrical equipment and instrumentation
- Working closely with designers and Engineers within the I&E group, and from other disciplines, to create multi- discipline design packages for construction forces; working closely with client(s) to resolve problems
- 8-15 years of progressive AutoCAD design experience on heavy industrial projects; 3 - 5+ years of prior field experience leading small to mid- level capital projects
- Working knowledge of instrumentation, power distribution and voltage drops, grounding, lighting, conduit fills, hazardous location wiring practices, panel design, and PLC & DCS hardware
- Working knowledge of NEC codes and plant- specific standards