We are currently seeking an experienced Furnace Mechanical Designer to work with a leading EPC company based out of Houston, TX. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services, including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and environmental services.
The Furnace Mechanical Designer is responsible for the execution of the mechanical portion of the scope for domestic and international ethylene furnace projects. This position has overall accountability to the Chief Mechanical Engineer, Furnace Mechanical Department Manager, Furnace Mechanical and Design Lead for assigned scope.
Job Duties include:
- Work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data and development of project design basis
- Prepare furnace component 2D drawings
- Equipment 3D model in PDS and SP3D
- Ensure conformance to applicable government regulations, engineering codes and standards as well as company QA system, policies and procedures.
- Identification, submittal and resolution of scope changes and deviations
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides design support by answering technical questions and requests.
- Provide furnace mechanical completion check, support furnace dryout and help resolve field issues.
- 5+ years mechanical design experience with furnace / fired equipment in a fabrication and/or EPC setting
- Software knowledge should include Microstation, AutoCAD, PDS, SP3D, and Microsoft Office applications.