We are currently seeking a MUD / Drilling Fluids Engineer for a contract opportunity in Haynesville, LA. Our client offers oilfield services and products worldwide, making it one of the largest oil field service companies, with operations in over 70 countries.
The MUD Engineer will be responsible for:
- Conducting and interpreting routine and specialized testing that provide technical guidance of customized engineering fluids to maximize wellbore value.
- Demonstrating the ability to prepare and track inventory of palletized and bulk products available at the rig site based on fluid program and anticipated conditions.
- Complying with HSE regulations in all aspects of job performance.
- Under broad direction, provides well site service to customers.
- Utilizes knowledge of company products and services in conjunction with experience in drilling fluid technology to optimize service quality.
- Based on interpreted results of routine and specialized testing, provides technical guidance of customized engineered fluids to maximize wellbore value.
- Complies with health, safety and environmental regulations in all aspects of job performance.
- Ensures that an adequate inventory of palletized and bulk products are available at the rig site, based on the fluid program and anticipated conditions.
- Tracks material usage and maintains record of same for inventory and billing purposes.
- Maintains an outstanding working relationship with operator's representative and rig personnel, and works closely with the operator's representative in specific operational planning and drilling operation optimization.
- Assists in well planning and business delivery activities, reviews well recaps for accuracy and capture of lessons learned, and takes an active role in mentoring Field Service Representatives
- Must possess good communication skills, arithmetic, recording skills, data entry and interpretation. Must be able to teach and mentor Field Service Representatives.
- MUD School Required
- At Least 2+ years onshore MUD Engineer experience out of South Texas or Haynesville Assets preferred
- A successful candidate will be hard working, reliable, can follow directions, and have a high work ethic.