We are currently seeking an experienced Instrument Engineer for a long- term contract opportunity for an industry leading refiner in Kenai, AK. Our client is the country's largest refiners of petroleum products, operating out of 16 refineries in the United States with a combined capacity of over 3 million barrels per day.
The Instrument Engineer will be responsible for:
- Provides instrumentation technical support to refinery departments. Troubleshoots and resolves instrument related issues. Serves as refinery’s technical expert on instrumentation component design and operation.
- Provides support through all phases of capital and expense projects.
- Participates in technical reviews to ensure detailed instrument design meets required specifications, codes and engineering standards.
- Assists team in Project Execution stage in completion of detailed design, construction and installation of facilities and equipment.
- Serves as project engineer responsible for scope, schedule, and cost on small to medium sized instrumentation projects.
- Responsible for contractor selection and oversight of field execution for projects assigned.
- Provides engineering support for investigations on adverse incidents involving instrumentation and analyzers.
- Ensures refinery compliance with Process Safety Management and Management of Change (MOC).
- Must have physical ability to perform all essential job duties and work extended hours, including nights and weekends in process operations environment. Work may be conducted during periods of inclement weather.
- 8 + years of experience
- Downstream/Refinery experience
- Must have the onsite experience at the Refinery
- Capital Project experience, as well as some Turnaround work