We are currently seeking an Integrity Project Controls Specialist for a long- term contract opportunity with a prominent Pipeline company based in Anchorage, Alaska.
The Integrity Project Controls Specialist provides the scheduling and cost infrastructure for Systems Integrity (SI) projects. The job requires planning and scheduling, monitoring and reporting, forecasting, complex analysis, and contractor coordination for assigned projects. This job requires a large amount of independence and proactive interactions with project staff and stakeholders.
- Project management: Plan, control, measure project performance in support of the SI Team. This includes verifying estimates, scheduling activities, monitoring, evaluating and analyzing performance including progress measurement
- Technical Analysis/Analyze Trends: Analyze actual costs vs. plan costs, develops financial forecasts, maintains work in progress figures. Perform analysis to determine trends and make projections of final cost and schedule completion dates. Manage internal controls and coordinate with contractors to optimize project controls performance
1. Develop and maintains project schedules
2. Effectively work with SI and contractors to accurately track/progress project schedules
3. Assist the development of work, cost estimates, project schedules, and other reports as needed
4. Effectively coordinate with contractors to analyze and progress project schedules, spend, and forecasting
5. Develop and maintain project control reporting system, including forecasts, committed and incurred costs, resource tracking, and budgets.
6. Develop and maintain a system of estimating cost data to provide current and historical reference material
8. Coordinate with Accounting for accurate tracking and coding
9. Analysis of vendor invoices for contract compliance, proper coding and authorization
10. Provide cash flow analysis based on design and construction schedules and estimates
12. Provide long range forecasts
- Five (5) years of related experience
- Advanced working knowledge of pipeline/refinery and/or terminal construction
- In depth understanding of project management principles and practices
- Proficient with utilizing Excel and developing and maintaining spreadsheets, charts, and curves
- Proficient with utilizing other Microsoft Office suite software such as Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- TWIC Card
- Ability to work independently and perform successfully in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive information
- Proficient with utilizing Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Working knowledge and experience with Oracle and/or SAP
- Ability to integrate schedule and cost
- Proactive/analysis approach to project controls
- Equivalent work experience above the minimum may be considered as a substitute for all or part of the formal educational requirements
- Ten (10) years of related experience - preferably with major projects $20M+.
- Project Management Professional - Association for the advancement of Cost Engineers and/or Schedulers
- Experience with Oracle and/or Ecosys EPC
- Proven ability to perform both Schedule and Cost duties