We are currently seeking a Procurement Assistant for a contract opportunity with a prominent multinational chemical company in Houston, TX.
The Procurement Assistant will successfully manage day-to-day procurement activities around invoicing, and Auto PO. This professional will prepare reports, respond to correspondence, provide presentation materials as requested, additional assignments will include data gathering, vendor payments and invoice resolution processing.
A critical aspect of this role will be to maintain confidentiality with all daily activities and assignments and the ability to handle multiple tasks supporting a large size organization
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- K2C Report
- Run the report and send to our alliance suppliers
- Work the returned reports from suppliers updating price eta and confirmations
- Send out PO’s to suppliers for the ones that they did not receive
- Contact internal clients regarding obsolete items and POs that are requiring GR’s
- K2C training and set up as required for new buyers or existing buyers desiring to use the report
- Run and post the expediting report on Elements
- Manage and correspond to the Procurement Team on the a weekly basis
- Reconciliation of Cockpit Field Procurement North America
- Reconcile rejected invoices for 18 plus buyers o Email correspondence from buyers, commodity managers, internal clients and suppliers
- Work with the P2P Global Team working to resolve invoicing issues
- Daily invoice workflow report tracking each invoice touched and the resolution needed or executed
- Daily reporting on the number of each category that is put into cockpit as well as workflow number touch and cleared
- Participate in the AP weekly meeting with buyers discussing invoicing questions
- OA Administration
- Must be able to back-up and support OA administration by creating and amending outline agreements.
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 1+ years procurement administrative professional experience.
- Proficient in personal computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate and coordinate workflow assertively and diplomatically.
-Able to work independently and to initiate administrative improvements; needs limited guidance from supervisor.
- Well-honed organizational skills—manage workflow & projects effectively and timely.
- Able to manage & prioritize multiple projects at the same time.