We are currently seeking a Plant Operations Technician for a direct position with a leading midstream services firm in Kermit, TX. Our client owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets.
The Plant Operations Technician will be responsible for:
- Operation of cryogenics plant, stabilizer, amine and glycol treatment systems;
- Operating and performing minor maintenance on compressors;
- Collecting data readings and monitoring plant equipment;
- Truck loading and unloading.
- Acting as a relief operator as needed.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- 3+ years’ Oil & Gas industry, midstream, or gas plant experience
- 2 years’ vocational training related to the oil and gas industry
- OQ testing knowledge