We are seeking a Fire Protection Designer 3 for assignment in Portland, Oregon. The selected candidate will primarily be accountable for preparing engineering drawings from sketches, using CAD workstations, working closely with Engineers to coordinate design efforts.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly
- Collaborate design criteria with engineering team members to gather information required to design fire alarm system
- Coordinate with electrical team members for systems power requirements
- Plan and design fire alarm, security, HPM monitoring, and safety systems drawings and schematics for commercial and industrial buildings using CAD software.
- Conduct field reviews and surveys to verify accuracy of completed design
- Perform battery and voltage drop calculations for systems
- Interpret architect drawings/specifications, blueprints and construction documents
- Review contractor submittals for adherence to design conformance to specifications
- Apply all applicable fire, life safety, and building codes including manufacturer instructions.
- Utilize BIM software to provide layouts, general arraignments, profile views, details, under close supervision
- Produce installation details and layouts
- Provide on-site assistance during start-ups and construction
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years of experience in LSS / Fire Protection Design/Drafting
- Proficient in Revit and 2D AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Access
- A NICET Certification is a plus