We are currently seeking an IT Project Manager II for a contract opportunity with a prominent multinational chemical company in Houston, TX.
This role is responsible for planning, scheduling, and monitoring of project activities across multiple resource groups. Also, a position of influence, negotiation, expectation management, responsible for leading, driving, and tracking project status while managing issues and risks. Reporting to the IT Project Delivery Team.
- Maintains complete autonomy for the management of the business project to meet the needs of the business, as outlined in the business case and articulated by the steering committee.
- Coaches and mentors project team members.
- Works closely with business and IT technical teams, serving as an expert project manager resource.
- Maintains and controls the project budget, schedule and resources.
- Responsible for project planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management.
- Responsible for project communications.
- Manages project scope, risk and issue resolution.
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables.
- Responsible for ensuring that the project can deliver the benefits outlined in the business case and that it meets the reasonable expectations of end users.
- Ensures the successful transfer of knowledge from the project team to the post-implementation support organization and all employees affected by the implementation.
- Responsible for the project management of multiple enhancements for SAP and Non-SAP projects.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, or related field; MBA a plus.
- 5-9 years of IT and industry related experience with large, global organizations.
- Relevant work experience in a project management role, managing medium to large global teams.
- Project Management certification; PMP certification from the Project Management Institute preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient and accurate with various software.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to interact effectively with all people.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of Word Processing.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel in creating complex spreadsheets using formulas, macros and defining output to meet specific needs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.