We are currently seeking a CNC Machinist in Houston, TX. Our client is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
The CNC Machinist will be responsible for:
- Measuring, marking, describing dimensions, and references points on work pieces as well as select align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, turning, grinding attachments, accessories, and materials on laser.
- Calculating and setting controls to regulate cutting, and turning factors, such as feed, speeds, and part clearances, and to enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit machine tool programs.
- Starting and observing machine operations to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerances conditions, and adjust machine controls or media as required.
- Machining parts and components within the specified tolerances, with limited rework/scrap, and in time with production standards.
- Performing in-process inspections to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications, and quality standards.
- Conferring with engineers, production personnel, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Performing other work related task as assigned.
- Complying with all client's and HSE policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma
- 7 to 10 years experience in machining critical parts.
- Experience setting up and operating Large Horizontal Boring Mills, and Mid-size machining centers.
- Good working knowledge of VTL's and VTC Turing centers
- Experience with Fanuc an G&L 850 Controls.
- Requires basic knowledge of machine tooling.
- Ability to edit machine tool programs.
- Should be fully experienced in machining processes.
- Experienced in the operations of overhead bridge cranes.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.