We are currently seeking a Chemical Technician with experience for a prominent exploration and production company with Operations based in the Bakken area.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for managing chemical suppliers and targeting problems/projects that will add value by reducing failures, increasing oil production, reducing OPEX, or improving facilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the well flows and composition
- Decide what types of chemicals are needed to handle the polymers and increase flow
- Identify and enhance inefficiencies of processes
- Affectively utilize resources internal and external of business unit
- Responsible for oversight of corrosion control and chemical programs for wells and for surface equipment and facilities
- Assures that program goals and practices are aligned and compliant with HES objectives, procedures and policies
- Works closely with Operations leaders, Mechanical Integrity team, Facilities & Construction and Project teams, contractor and vendor personnel to develop and continually improve chemical and corrosion control programs and procedures.
- 5+ years experience with processes, procedures, testing and equipment associated with corrosion control and chemical treatment monitoring for downhole and surface equipment.
- Operational oilfield knowledge pertaining to artificial lift, facility operations, and surface operations.
- Chemical budget management with emphasis on optimizing chemical programs and maximizing chemical spend per BO and TBF.
- NACE or other industry training in corrosion technology
- Experience with LOWIS, MAXIMO, CREDO, SPOTFIRE, and database software
- Knowledgeable in existing and emerging technologies associated with corrosion, scale, paraffin, asphaltene, and bacteria treating.