We are currently seeking an experienced Heat Exchange Engineer to work with a leading EPC company based out of Houston, TX. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services, including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and environmental services.
Certified Professional Engineer (P. E.) License is required**
The Heat Exchange Engineer is primarily responsible for thermal design and reviewing, understanding and implementing heat transfer equipment specifications.
Other responsibilities include:
- Requisitioning of all heat transfer-related equipment including shell and tubes, air coolers, multi-tubes hairpin, plate and frame, cooling towers and boilers
- Performing vendor document and drawing reviews; completing vendor data reviews of heat transfer equipment
- Preparing technical specifications for heat transfer equipment
- Overseeing the technical evaluation of bids; preparing technical bid tabs and clarifications
- Performing thermal and mechanical calculations
- Preparing equipment data sheets
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience with design and fabrication of shell, tube and air cooled heat exchangers, with prior work on EPC, LNG projects strongly preferred
- Proficiency using HTRI and RCS software a plus
- Certified Professional Engineer (P. E.) License is required**