We are currently seeking an experienced Furnace Engineer to work with a leading EPC company based out of Houston, TX. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services, including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and environmental services.
Certified Professional Engineer (P. E.) License is required**
The Furnace Engineer is primarily responsible for performing detailed engineering design activities in support of very large projects in the EPC phase.
The Furnace Engineer is also responsible for:
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert for Fired Equipment including Ground flares, Elevated Flares, Thermal Oxidizers and Furnaces
- Maintaining and promoting a focus on the end product whether engineering, fabrication or construction
- Effectively communicating technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers
- Ensuring effective communications among other engineering disciplines
- Ensuring effective management of change
- Maintaining and supporting any site specific requirements or standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years of detailed Fired Equipment design experience within the Oil & Gas, EPC industry; 5+ years of recent experience with ground flares, thermal oxidizers and furnaces
- Certified Professional Engineer (P. E.) License is required**