We are currently seeking a Civil/ Structural Technical Engineer for a contract opportunity in Houston, TX.
The purpose of this position is to provide Major Projects leadership and management for the civil engineering discipline including;
- Ensuring the safe and reliable design of project equipment to Engineering standards.
- Providing technical assurance Contributing to the advancement of technology within discipline.
- Oversight of engineering contractor Civil/Structural design efforts to ensure compliance with client standards
- Provide leadership to ensure safe and reliable project designs
- Support the development of the strategy for the advancement of technology within the discipline
- Provide technical oversight to the personnel responsible for discipline support to Major Projects
- Provide process safety leadership and quality management within their areas of expertise
- Stay abreast of industry technology and innovation from 3rd party providers and applying the best technical solutions
- Lead initiatives that provide improvements in project design and execution costs
- Support discipline review for management of change (MOC) on technically complicated changes.
- Provides key technical support to major projects
- Mentor discipline engineers and support staff to enhance their knowledge
- Provide expert input to the development and modification of Engineering Standards
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 15+ Years of relevant petro-chemical industrial experience (or equivalent) covering all aspects of design and engineering in the civil/structural discipline
- Experience with the management of personnel, either direct reports and/or contract personnel
- Understanding of common structural designs found within a petrochemical facility. Capable of performing detailed structural loading design analysis.
- Skill level understanding of building codes and standards: ANSI, ASCE, ACI, AISC, IBC
- Strong Structural (Steel & Concrete) design and fabrication knowledge
- Skill level knowledge of deep and shallow foundations including piling design and soil bearing analysis
- Experience with the design and application of Civil/Structural standards
- Experience with design, specification, and selection of civil/structural equipment and systems
- Experience with interpretation and application of information contained in the various types of civil/structural engineering drawings
- Experience with the management and/or oversight of construction and installation of civil/structural projects
- Known and respected as an expert in their field by the industry at large
- Strong Communication and stakeholder engagement
- Business acumen and the ability to influence Senior-level Management investment decisions
- Experience working with people in an operating plant.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Geo-technical engineering (soils)
- Cranes and Rigging (lift plans)
- Civil Construction QA
- Land Surveying
- Excavation and Trenching
- Marine Facilities and Coastal Protection