We are currently seeking a Refractory and Fireproofing Engineer for a contract opportunity in Houston, TX.
The Refractory and Fireproofing Engineer serves as the technical authority for Refractory and Fireproofing discipline engineering. This role will set the Technical Strategy in the execution of projects as it relates to this discipline. The purpose of this position is to provide Major Projects leadership and management for the Refractory and Fireproofing engineering discipline including;
- Ensuring the safe and reliable design of project equipment to Engineering standards.
- Providing technical assurance
- Contributing to the advancement of technology within the discipline.
- Oversight of engineering contractor design efforts to ensure compliance with the clients standards
- Provide leadership to ensure safe and reliable project designs
- Support the development of the strategy for the advancement of technology within the discipline
- Provide technical oversight to the personnel responsible for discipline engineering to support to Major Projects
- Provide process safety leadership and quality management within their areas of expertise
- Stay abreast of industry technology and innovation from 3rd party providers and applying the best technical solutions
- Lead initiatives that provide improvements in project design and execution costs
- Support discipline review for management of change (MOC) on technically complicated changes.
- Provides key technical support to major projects
- Mentor discipline engineers and support staff to enhance their knowledge
- Provide expert input to the development and modification of the clients Engineering Standards
Refractory and Fireproofing
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Materials/Metallurgy, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 15+ Years of relevant petro-chemical industrial experience (or equivalent) covering all aspects of design and engineering in the Corrosion discipline
- Experience with the management of personnel, either direct reports and/or contract personnel
- Technical expertise in process industry material selection and equipment design
- Technical expertise in fabrication and repair of fixed equipment
- Thorough knowledge in ASME Codes, API Codes, and NACE documents
- Strong knowledge in refinery/chemical plant refractory and Fireproofing degradation, failure mechanisms, and material properties
- Experience in refractory and Fireproofing classifications, limitations and characteristics
- Experience in Advance NDE
- Experience in Fitness for Services
- Experience in developing Corrosion Control Documents
- Known and respected as an expert in their field by the industry at large
- Strong Communication and stakeholder engagement
- Business acumen and the ability to influence Senior-level Management investment decisions
- Experience working with personnel in an operating plant