We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer for a large systems integration and I&C Construction firm with operations in Albuquerque, NM.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously while also having advanced knowledge of a diverse range of products and systems.
- Collaborating with project managers and estimators to assess potential projects and submit proposals.
- Reading and interpreting diagrams and documentation and communicating with customers to understand objectives and preferences.
- Designing, developing, and documenting the communication strategy between control system elements.
- Working with the customer and other stakeholders to design detailed control system functionality.
- Documenting the functionality with a controls narrative and/or a cause and effect.
- Programming controllers to connect from less than 20 points up to thousands of points may be required.
- Designing and developing the human machine interface (HMI).
- Developing hardware and software test plans and writes simulation logic for the testing of the PLC and HMI system.
- Communicating and coordinating with management of the installation team to ensure that technicians are executing per documented processes.
- At the client site, supervising the installation of the systems.
- Testing the installed system to observe system functionality and ensuring that the programs function as designed.
- Troubleshooting problems that occur during startup that are caused by incorrect drawings, change in customer desires, inaccurate instrumentation specifications, or other technical issues.
- Diagnosing and resolving software and hardware interface issues.
- Training customers on use and operation of client-specific system integration software.
- Interfacing with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Working with others to develop alternative system and software designs.
- May be responding to service calls to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair programming and system failures.