We are currently seeking a Construction Planner for a contract position with a leading midstream services firm in Midland, TX. Our client owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets.
The Construction Planner will be responsible for developing project work plans per the approved planning processes, generating accurate job packages and cost estimates, obtaining release of planned work orders, and creating task lists.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Attending project meetings and assisting with determination of project requirements and schedules.
- Establishing, monitoring, reviewing, and evaluating progress of project work plan.
- Tracking the progress of work being performed by design disciplines/trades.
- Using project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Communicating ideas for improving company processes constructively.
- Assessing risks and hazards to the success of the project and take appropriate measures for avoidance.
- 5 - 7 years of experience with a strong understanding of onshore oil & gas construction / engineering schedules/projects
- Primavera 6 proficiency preferred
- Spotfire proficiency preferred
- MS Excel proficiency required
- Able to apply knowledge and experience to complex problems and develop recommendations
- Makes decisions within broad parameters, and acts as an informal resource for others with less experience