We are seeking an Instrument and Controls Designer for assignment in Boise, Idaho. The selected candidate will design, model, and draft I&C systems for production equipment installations, facility system installations, building remodels, tool installs, and new construction.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- 3D model development of equipment, cabinets, cable trays & trenches, instruments & junction boxes, lighting, conduit, fittings, heat trace, etc.
- Producing 2D output from 3D designs
- Producing single lines & schematics, construction details, material take off and as-builts
- Knowledge and experience in the design of industrial electrical systems
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical equipment, MCCs, panels, distribution boards, wireway, etc.
- Knowledge of the symbols and standard practices used in the preparation of single lines
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of design/modeling/drafting experience in an industrial facilities environment
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Expert user of Revit (including metadata)
- Practical experience in the design and drafting of plant distribution systems alongside EPC consulting firms
- Basic understanding of NEC codes