We are currently looking for a Database Engineer for a prominent international Operator in Anchorage, Alaska. Our client is the 4th largest exploration and production company worldwide, with operations in more than 30 countries and assets of $160 billion.
The Database Engineer will be responsible for:
• Designs, develops and delivers/implements data solutions to include: architecture design, prototyping of concepts to proof of concept, development of standards, design and development of test plans, code and module design, development and testing, data solution debugging, design and implementation of a solution that follows efficient design techniques and development that meets and exceeds the intent of the design of the data solution.
• Effectively manages day-to-day tasks/activities in coordination with a team of developers to effectively meet the deliverables and schedule of a data solution component within a larger application project.
• Lends support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
• Supports and maintains data and database systems to meet business delivery specifications and needs.
• Experienced level, typically 5-7 years of experience.
• Requires a strong understanding of discipline.
• Able to apply knowledge and experience to complex problems and develop recommendations.
• Makes decisions within broad parameters.
• Acts as an informal resource for others with less experience.