We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer for a contract opportunity in Houston, TX.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Responsible for taking a technical initiative or direction into the phases of assessment, design, budget, schedule and implementation
- Oversees all projects / solutions into production including handover to operations
- Create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning, execution and handover
- Project Engineer providing design and development direction along with verification, certification, documentation, integration, and handoff of service solutions driven by Sales, Business Development, or Engineering.
- Design and technical consulting to pre-sales engineers for engineered solutions and RFP bid proposals for all product and services lines.
- Post-sales engineering design, configuration, and support documentation for customer solutions implemented by the Operations teams.
- Support internal groups for established products and services.
- Develop, provide and maintain positive communication with vendors for solutions, product evaluations, as well as, diagnosing and correcting problems.
- Bachelor of Science in EE
- Required to achieve necessary or stay current with relevant certifications associated with Cisco, Nokia, and various wireless edge platforms like Sierra Wireless, BEC, and Meraki. or other utilized platforms which offer vendor certification
- Skilled with Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols to successfully provide solutions for core or edge services
- Ability to understand Layer 1 solutions and their use for IP based solutions
- Ability to understand Layer 7 applications like VoIP, Video for efficient design solutions
- Proficient in project management techniques and methodologies
- Ability to provide feature function analysis of focused service platforms
- Experienced in service provider or enterprise Network environments