We are currently seeking an IT Systems Administrator for a contract opportunity in Houston, TX. Our client offers oilfield services and products worldwide, making it one of the largest oil field service companies, with operations in over 70 countries.
The IT Systems Administrator will be responsible for:
- Under direct supervision, assisting in the installation and maintenance of the company's server infrastructure systems by installing and patching operating systems and application software according to established guidelines.
- Correcting hardware/software failures by working with appropriate vendors and site contacts during and outside business hours as necessary.
- Building and installing server hardware according to architectural standards.
- Performing own work and provides assistance to others as directed.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, have minimal impact on the viability of the organization.
- Undergraduate degree in an IT related discipline or equivalent related work experience
- 2 years of experience in a corporate IT environment.