We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Designer for a prominent Engineering and Construction Company with regional offices in Billings, Montana.
The Sr. Electrical Designer will be a team member of the design & drafting department support engineering, capital projects, operations, maintenance, & asset integrity as directed. The team member may be called upon to assist with the production of deliverables of other disciplines within the design & drafting group. The associate must set high standards of performance for themselves; be professional in written, verbal and personal communications in any situation; seek opportunities to learn and develop new skills, knowledge, and experiences; have an analytical mindset that can utilize factual data to develop creative and business-oriented solutions; be self- aware and adjust accordingly to different environments and audiences; and be flexible to adapt and adjust to an ever-changing work environment.
- Producing 2D drawings, 3D models, and documents as requested.
- Creating or revising drawings from redlines, sketches, or verbal commands.
- Creating as-built PID’s, one lines, & loop drawings of existing operating/ idle assets in the field.
- Creating PID’s, one lines, installation/ termination details, wiring diagrams, cabinet/ panel layouts, instrument index’s, conduit/ cable routing, power/ grounding details & location plans.
- Enforcing document control, drafting & design standards, specifications, and procedures.
- Upholding work assignment schedules for self with in-house and outsourced projects.
- Performing self-checks, interdisciplinary checks, & vendor drawing checks.
- Participating in model reviews, PSSR’s, & PHA’s as requested.
- Foster a safe and effective working atmosphere.
- Collaborating with cross interdisciplinary teams and staff from all levels of the organization to deliver results.
- 8+ years of Electrical Design experience
- Experience with PLC functions & logic.
- 5 or more years of experience and expert user of AutoCAD
- Familiar with ASME B31.3/ B31.4, API, DOT, NEC, NFPA, AWS codes, standards, & specifications.
- Relevant experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably down or upstream
- Basic knowledge of industrial controls systems, medium voltage power systems, hazardous liquids pipelines and terminals, P&ID’s, and basic fabrication processes.
- Strong computer skills with ability to utilize Microsoft Office Software, e.g. MS Word, Power Point, Projects, Excel etc., and other discipline specific-software applications to drive efficiency in productivity.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to engage with all levels of management, colleagues, and with individuals inside and outside of the company.
- Willing and able to travel to other office locations, facilities, and construction locations as necessary
- Self-motivated and able to work well both independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast paced environment