We are currently seeking a CNC Machinist in Houston, TX. Our client is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements
- Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borders, grinders, and shapers
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth and angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings of programmed control data
- Fits and assembles part into complete assembly
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanism, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
- Perform other work related task as assigned
- Comply with all Company and HSE procedures and policies
Facility Specific Requirements:
- Insure the proper utilization of equipment and material.
- Make set-ups and operate equipment insuring adherence to procedures/standards while advancing clients quality policy.
- Maintain accurate dimensional tolerances based upon drawings.
- Insure paperwork is accurate and reflects the latest revision.
- Operate Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Vertical Turninng Lathe (VTL)/ Vertical Turning Center (VTC) machines in all phases of operations, either in accordance with tape programs or manual data input (MDI), to run first article parts or to prove new programs.
- Use measuring tools and gauges to insure quality of product.
- Report unsafe conditions, broken or malfunctioning equipment, accidents and inquiries to supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a machinist, not an operator on either:
- CNC Horizontal Boring Mills
- CNC Vertical Machining Centers
- CNC VTLs or VTCs with Live Tooling
- CNC Lathes
- Must be able to set-up and run their machine with little to no supervision.
- Must possess a positive work ethic, focused on Quality and Productivity.
- Must have a stable work history
- Must have experience with Fanuc controls.
- Knowledge of the proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools.
- Understanding of blueprints and routers