Working for an oil and gas exploration and production company our client is looking for experienced and motivated individuals to fill the position of Gas Plant Operator within the Delaware Basin, specifically based just east of Mentone, TX.
The Plant Operator will be responsible for keeping the facility operating in a safe and reliable manner, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Execute startup, shutdown and operation of the gas plant that includes cryogenic gas processing units, amine units and stabilization units, which includes compression, heaters, coolers, fans, pumps, instrumentation, valves, alarms, turbo expanders and other equipment / controls.
- Operate the facility using a Delta V DCS system.
- Coordinate and oversee the transfer of liquid and gas products.
- Using analytical equipment available and making necessary process adjustments to ensure that the oil, NGL and gas leaving the facility meet product specifications.
- Perform minor maintenance of equipment included in the gas processing plant.
- Communicate needs to support staff for maintenance and repair when necessary.
- Communicate with Operation Control Centers to ensure smooth, reliable operation of the gas processing plant as part of the complete system of facilities within the Delaware Basin.
- Generate daily operation reports including product processed and shipped, NGL and gas volumes generated and shipped and any downtime and/or curtailments within the reporting period.
- Maintain a supply of consumables and spare parts and equipment necessary to prevent downtime and/or curtailments due to shortage of the supplies listed.
- Adhering to and enforcing all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in oil and gas production operations preferred.
- Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry
- Ability to work outside in variable environmental conditions around heavy equipment
- Ability to work effectively in a team-focused environment and within the clients Core Values
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer skills required