We are currently seeking a Field Service Tech with Medium Voltage experience for a contract opportunity with a prominent Houston- based manufacturing solutions company.
The technician responsible to travel for building, installing, troubleshooting and repairing Electrical, & Industrial Automation systems with a focus on Medium Voltage power systems. Must be able to understand, perform maintenance and troubleshoot medium voltage systems. Experience with MV switch gear, generators, breakers, etc. and low voltage systems a plus.
The Field Service Tech - Med Voltage will also be responsible for:
- New equipment startups, electrical, instrumentation, automation I/O check, cold and hot testing, and some mechanical assembly may be required
- Troubleshoot and pinpoint system and drive problems, repair and perform maintenance as needed for customer operation
- Communicate technical information effectively and help manage controls, instrumentation, and electrical portions of projects, VFD knowledge required
- Provide technical assistance to customers and fellow shop employees in person, over the phone and through email
- Develop customer relationships for ongoing service opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or equivalent in experience; Bachelors Degree preferable in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience in customer service areas and working with public
- Electrical system experience (troubleshooting and rebuilding components) preferred
- Required technical skills (minimum of 5 years of experience of the following):
- Fluent with PLC’s, VFD’s, process controllers, instruments, and other electrical devices
- Ability to service and troubleshoot electrical and controls systems up to 15kv, but most work will fall around 6kv
- Up to date knowledge of technology including but not limited to electrical, controls and willingness to learn and implement new technology when required
- Familiar with general industrial codes and requirements including but not limited to electrical and controls/instrumentation
- Ability to work efficient and safely independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to identify best practices and recommend solutions for electrical, controls/instrumentation, PLC's, VFD's, Pneumatic, hydraulic etc.
- Ability and willingness to learn new tasks not limited to electrical and controls
- Ability to communicate technical support and scheduling well with customers, colleagues, and management in person, over the phone and through email
- Ability to handle stressful situations, loud environments and working on your feet for a prolonged period of time safely
- Good interpersonal skills/ dealing with people in a positive manner
- Knowledgeable in the operations of VFD’s and Medium voltage systems
- Ability to lift 50-70 lbs.
- Ability to stay focused while working closely with others
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel