We are currently seeking an I&E Technician for a prominent exploration and production company with Operations based in the Coyanosa, TX area.
This position will primarily execute Functional Checkout (FCO) of various automation instruments/transmitters as well as download, troubleshoot, and modify RTU and PLC configurations to fit the current need.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Shooting Loops and calibration and verification of field instruments to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Functional Checkout (FCO) for Well Facilities
- Planning and conducting independent work to coordinate field labor with Automation Engineers.
- Understanding of P&IDs, electrical processes, and cause & effect matrix.
- Implementing and maintaining remote communications equipment (900Mhz – 5.8Ghz Radios, cell modems, VSAT).
- Regular monitoring of Control Systems
- Assisting Automation Engineers in troubleshooting of systems from the field.
- Technical Degree Preferred
- At least 3-7 years’ experience as an Instrument Technician