A leading Energy company is in need of a Cost Estimator for assignment in Pasadena, Texas. Our client is looking for a sharp individual with great experience in estimating and presenting skills to corporate executives. The primary focus of this position will be downstream production kits including tank farms.
The Cost Estimator will prepare and or validate project cost estimates at the various stages of the project, will facilitate quantitative risk assessments for cost and schedule, and will actively be involved in project execution reviews.
The Cost Estimator will be located in Houston, Texas and report to the Manager of Cost Estimating, Schedule and Risk.
- Align the development and review of Capital Cost Estimates with Company Governance (CPMS).
- Follow procedures and instructions for preparation and maintenance of project estimates, plans and schedules.
- Develop and implement new tools that improve the cost estimating process.
- Participate in evaluation of contractor(s) estimating capabilities.
- Participate in Contractor’s cost estimate kick-off meetings to establish required deliverables, including formats and cost estimate review schedules.
- Maintain active engagement with Business Unit estimators during the project approval process and provide support during execution reviews and/or requests for supplemental funding.
- Work with Planning/Scheduling and Cost Control in the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Monitor and review the cost estimate preparation process to ensure that proper methodology is be used.
- Ensure appropriate alignment between cost estimates, project schedules, execution strategies and contracting strategies.
- Facilitate Quantitative Risk Assessments to support the calculation of cost and schedule contingency.
- Estimate escalation cost based on Procurement guidelines and project schedules.
- Provide input to Contract Strategies.
- Facilitate the re-compilation of approved cost estimates to align with project WBSs and Contracting Strategies.
- Assist in the calculation of costs associated with change orders and/or trends.
- Ensure the integrity of and input data to the cost and quantity corporate database.
- Participate in Integrated Reviews during the project stage gate approval process.
- Track the success of all estimates and schedules for budget versus completion accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree, Engineer or Construction Management degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years cost estimating or related experience of large projects or multiple small projects in the industry in assignments of increasing responsibility, complexity and scope.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft programs)
- Proficient in use of cost estimate software. (AspenTech Capital Cost Estimator; Oil and Gas Manager, Que$tor, etc.)
- Domestically and internationally mobile for business travel
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills