We are currently looking for an Instrument Engineer for a prominent international Operator in Anchorage, Alaska. Our client is the 4th largest exploration and production company worldwide, with operations in more than 30 countries and assets of $160 billion.
The Instrument Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing instrumentation and controls engineering support to all phases of project design, execution, installation, commissioning and operation.
- Maintaining and applying company instrumentation design criteria and specifications as well as industry recognized standards.
- Reviewing Engineering drawings and instructions to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
- Developing and executing test plans for instrumentation installation, document calibrations, system configurations, and data acquisition equipment.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing instrumentation related issues including electrical, mechanical, and computer controlled systems.
- Assisting in factory acceptance testing and field inspections.
- Supporting supply chain in instrumentation systems and equipment procurement activities.
- Senior level, typically 7-10 years of experience.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering
- Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.
- Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Knowledge of ISA S84
- Knowledge of IEEE, ISA, UL, NEMA, and ANSI standards
- Knowledge of NFPA72
- Fire and Gas System design
- Experience with Process Safety Management, Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Hazop, etc.