We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a Louisiana PE License to work with a leading EPC company based out of Houston, TX. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services, including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and environmental services.
The Mechanical Engineer is primarily responsible for the Mechanical and project support for our client's various projects, including but not limited to P&ID development, equipment configuration and specification, specifications and sizing, material requisition preparation and the development of engineering construction drawings. Prior experience working in chemical plants and/or refineries is required.
The Mechanical Engineer is also responsible for:
- Obtaining a well- defined overall project scope of work from the project manager or client
- Approving all P&ID’s revised or created for his area of a project
- Reviewing all new and/or revised drawings, standards and specifications
- Approving all inquiries and requisitions for engineered/tagged equipment and instruments
- Initiating project change orders any time changes to scope affect the budget or schedule
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience, with prior project work in chemical plants and/or refineries
- Prior Polyethylene experience required
- LNG or Etylene specific project experience preferred
- Certified Professional Engineer (P. E.) License in the State of Louisiana is required