We are currently seeking Refinery Project Engineers for a contract opportunity with a prominent company.
Positions are available in Houston, TX and additional states in the US.
The Project Engineers will be responsible for:
- Providing discipline specific engineering assistance, direction and development assistance to colleagues
- Solving technical problems related to projects and troubleshoots and updates report data for business unit(s)
- Upgrades, designs, configures, maintains and monitors related equipment and performance
- Analyzing related components and systems, processes and methods, and refinery processes and economics
- Developing project scopes, budgets and AFE’s for approval and ensures projects meet budget as well as refinery and OSHA standards
- Ensures the maintenance and integrity of business unit(s) data
- Optimizes business unit(s) and analyzes data to aid operations with decisions
- Researches and stays abreast of assigned discipline subjects, innovations and leading edge developments
- Develops systems to document and track the testing and assist in the maintenance of the various systems
May also be required to do some or all of the following:
- Coordinate, facilitate and document Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), and participate in and facilitate incident investigations
- Provide training on PHA and Incident Investigation facilitation and general training on Management Of Change (MOC), incident investigations, PHA’s and Pre-start up Safety Reviews (PSSR)
- Participate in, facilitate and support Process Safety related audits and Layers Of Protection Analysis (LOPA) reviews and assist in Process Safety action items solution development
- Update the Refinery Risk Management Program (RMP) as needed
- Design plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products
- Conduct research to develop new and improved product manufacturing processes
- Design and plan layout for product processes on a commercial scale
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations
- Implement processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner
- Investigate and resolve work-in-process problems
- Recommend and implement improvements and/or modification in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment
- Assist with clean fuel projects
- Improve profitability of the refinery
- Design and build plant additions and modifications
- Act as a liaison between the company and county and state and/or other agencies
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline is required.
- 5-9 years of progressive work experience in a specific engineering discipline.
- Onsite refinery Project Management experience is required
- A strong understanding of basic refinery processes and the elements of process safety is required for Process Safety Engineering discipline.
- Emphasis on power distribution and controls engineering is required of the electrical discipline depending on assignment
- Ability to manage a project is essential.
- Working knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically.
- Ability to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, strong verbal communication skills, advanced level of reading and writing, ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Advanced ability to work effectively with multiple groups throughout the refinery.
- Strong spreadsheet and word processing applications knowledge; strong interpersonal, time-management and organizational skills; ability to provide training to multiple groups on a variety of applicable assigned discipline topics.
- Knowledge of various process hazard analysis and root cause analysis methodologies is required for Process Safety Engineering discipline.
- Professional Engineer registration is preferred.
- Refinery or petrochemical industry experience preferred.
- Some or all of FCC, CCR, Alky, Sulfur unit, Delayed Coking, Lubes Processing and hydrotreating experience is preferred for Chemical discipline depending on assignment.