We are seeking a Refinery Process Engineer for a contract opportunity.
Positions are available in Houston, TX and additional states in the US.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for:
- Performing process engineering activities and provides oversight for all project phases.
- Conducting feasibility and economic studies, conceptual design, front end design including process hazard analysis (PHA), and detailed engineering.
- Supporting construction and commissioning activities including procedure development, operations and maintenance training, pre-startup safety reviews, and post-startup performance tests.
- Ensuring Management of Change (MOC) process is followed throughout project phases and process safety information is updated following project implementation.
- Lead more complex refinery-wide studies.
- Develop new capital and expense projects with a vision beyond existing assets.
- Provide project justification and submittals for annual capital budget.
- Work with other MPC organizations and outside engineering contractors to identify opportunities.
- Effectively communicate opportunities to affected Area Teams and the Staff (Refinery Leadership Team).
- Occasionally travel for training, meetings, or project reviews at engineering contractor offices
- 8 + years of experience
- Downstream/Refinery experience.
- Process simulation (HYSYS, PetroSim, etc),
- Must have the onsite experience at the Refinery, strong refinery process knowledge.
- Understanding of refinery economics and project justification
- Capital Project experience, as well as some Turnaround work