We are seeking a Project Manager for a contract opportunity in Houston, TX.
Our Client is a global leader in the full service treatment and removal in caustic substances, as well as providing process technology, engineering and equipment to the oil and gas industry. When it comes to the beneficial reuse and recycling of spent caustics, our client leads the way, turning would-be waste into viable and valuable commodities.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Planning, developing, and managing multiple simultaneous projects within the clients Projects and Procurement department.
- Management of these projects will include client interface both in person and via electronic or hard copy means.
- Must be capable of handling interfaces internal and external to the client in a professional manner.
- Manage the project budgets and cost expenditures, as well as development and oversight of project schedules, including ensuring tasks are executed as planned.
- BS in an Engineering Discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience in the Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical or Chemical industries.
- 5 years of experience in the management of multiple projects in a matrix project execution organization preferred
- 5 years of experience in the management of projects for external clients preferred
- 5 years of experience in the management of projects using an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system preferred
- Knowledge of Basic and Detailed Engineering skills, disciplines and tasks required to engineer equipment for the Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical or Chemical industries
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems and their application to the Engineering and Fabrication of equipment
- Knowledge of Fabrication methodologies for equipment used in Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical or Chemical industries
- Knowledge of project cost estimating and forecasting methodologies
- Knowledge and demonstration of Negotiation methodologies
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Registered Professional Engineer
- 5 years of experience managing project within an ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System
- 5 years of experience managing multiple simultaneous projects using Critical Chain Project Management methodology
- Knowledge of document control methodologies
- 5 years of experience with managing and controlling project documents using a document control computer system
- 5 years of experience in project contract development, negotiation, and management
- Management of Projects using Oracle ERP or SAP
- Knowledge of Payment Guarantee Instruments: Letters of Credit, Bonds, etc.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certified
- Lean Manufacturing certified