We are currently seeking Measurement Technicians to work in the Kermit, TX and Denver, CO areas.
Our Client is a global international energy exploration and production company and one of the largest oil producers in the United States. Founded in 1920, our client’s technical expertise and proven ability to deliver lasting results are the hallmark of their international success. While manufacturing the building blocks for life-enhancing products, our client utilizes leading edge technologies that grow their business and simultaneously help to advance a lower-carbon world.
The Measurement Technician will be responsible for:
- Having basic knowledge of field measurement
- Having ability to calibrate, troubleshoot and, inspect flow computers (Total flows, Omni)
- Calibrating, and inspecting USM
- Inspecting and replacing orifice plates
- Having knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and calibrate Natural Gas Chromatographs and NGL Chromatographs.( Daniels and ABB)
- Being able to conduct 3rd party witness calibrations on high volume custody transfer meters, Chromatographs and witness liquid meter proving
- Inspecting and identifying problems with meter tubes
- Pulling Natural Gas and NGL samples
- Having basic knowledge of Coriolis and tur meter for liquid measurement
- Keeping track of monthly meter calibrations and annual certs
- Keeping track of balance in plant and pipelines and be able to identify possible balance issues in system
- Being able to identify gas quality issues within the system
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Experienced in programming ROC
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call outs as need to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant conditions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.