We have an opening for a Maintenance Electrician to work in the Midland, TX. The Electrician is responsible for keeping all electrical power supplies and equipment operational. The Electrician ensures proper installation of equipment and that all applicable codes, regulations. The Electrician will have on call responsibilities. The Electrician may be required to provide relief to other Electricians in their work area.
Our Client is an American energy company operating principally in the U.S. and Canada, that specializes in the drilling and production of unconventional oil and natural gas assets. Our client has a reputation for efficient resource development, environmental stewardship and community involvement, with a drive to meet the growing challenges of the domestic natural gas industry.
- Ability to wire complex control circuits from schematic wiring diagrams
- Demonstrate knowledge of electronic theory and principles
- Demonstrate working knowledge of NEC, and OSHA regulations
- Maintain acceptable attendance
- Maintain inventory of all electrical operating equipment and spares
- Troubleshoot low, medium and high voltage power circuits
- Perform maintenance with minimal down time to the operation
- Perform to highest safety standards, including reporting all incidents and discrepancies
- Work Safely around power line distribution systems and substations
- Ability to plan daily work activities in accordance with established Company and Regulatory procedures
- Ability to communicate (read, write, and speak) effectively
- Ability to operate hand tools or other equipment to accomplish assigned tasks
- Able to use Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a consistent safe work ethic
- Must be willing and able to attend/complete required training courses
- Must be willing and able to work in small team environments
Additional Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of electrical systems ranging from 24volts to 12500volts.
- Motor and motor control’s knowledge.
- Understand the layout of Motor Control Centers
- Knowledge of heat trace installation and maintenance
- Knowledge and ability to read and communicate electrical drawing packages and schematics