We have an immediate opening for a Production Tech to work in the Sanderson, TX area.
Our Client is a global international energy exploration and production company and one of the largest oil producers in the United States. Founded in 1920, our client’s technical expertise and proven ability to deliver lasting results are the hallmark of their international success. While manufacturing the building blocks for life-enhancing products, our client utilizes leading edge technologies that grow their business and simultaneously help to advance a lower-carbon world.
The primary objective of a Production Technician is the interaction with Well Analysts, Pump Off Controller (POC) /Inject Well Controller (IWC) technicians, and Lift Specialists to maximize production capacity and profitability. This role collaborates daily to determine producing well exceptions and performs diagnostics to return wells to production.
Essential Job Duties:
• Participate daily with Well Performance Specialists (WPS), POC/IWC technicians , Automation Technicians (AT), and Production and Reservoir engineers concerning daily alarm exceptions
• Addresses all daily alarm exceptions
• Troubleshoot injection exceptions
• Clear all "0" rates daily
• Make necessary adjustments in Life of Well Information System (LOWIS)
• Check all wells with casing alert
• Clean, repair, or replace meters & change in LOWIS/ICONICS (automation software)
• Calibrate or replace transducers & change in LOWIS/ICONICS
• Repair or replace motor control valve
• Repair or replace motor controller
• Repair or replace casing monitors
• Replace batteries in Remote Telemetry Unit (RTU)
• Replace RTU
• Troubleshoot & replace any top cards in RTU POC/IWC
In this assignment, you will be responsible for installation, programming, calibration, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of automation facility equipment in order to improve oilfield system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs.
Essential Job Duties:
• Basic Board Troubleshooting and Programming
• Perform basic Production Field Analyst (PFA) and Injection Field Analyst (IFA) well troubleshooting roles
• Review reports on repair maintenance cost in assigned area
• Record data for bad actor equipment in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) which is currently Maximo
• Troubleshoot well Programmable Logistic Controller using multi meter and Local Operator Interface software
• Repair and troubleshoot position sensors, position cables, load cells, load cell cables
• Repair and troubleshoot basic power issues including checking and changing fuses in pump panel, resetting overload, and checking contactor
• Troubleshoot radio communication by power cycling, checking link lights, and checking data communication cables and light • Use Maximo and Akwire to schedule work and perform failure coding on all tickets (plan to transition to SAP in 2018)
• Troubleshoot and repair pickups, cables and meter kits on all fluid and gas meters
• Troubleshoot and repair all transmitter and cables with preprogramed replacement parts. Well Performance Specialist
For this rotation, you will gain an understanding of producing well artificial lift methods - beam, electric submersible pump (ESP), flowing and plunger lift, as well as provide surveillance and optimization for producing well performance.
Essential Job Duties:
• Responsible for day-to-day well operations
• Identify/work producing well exceptions
• Run time/cycle deviations (zero/very high cycles)
• Shut in and start wells
• Hot watering, chemical treatments, rigless jobs, etc.
• Coordinate well failure activities
• Identify, validate, and react to well failures
• Communicate with PFA on well issues as appropriate
• Execute displacement changes for stroke length (SL) and strokes per minute (SPM) for beam lifted wells
• Operate and coordinate maintenance of Pump Off Controllers (POCs)
• Resolve well and hardware alarms
• Responsible for accurate and timely well tests and downtime
• Validate tests & troubleshoot variances
• Coordinate resolution of problems with Production Field Analysts (PFAs)
• Identify production opportunities via well variances
• Participate in operational planning meetings; provide input during well and pattern reviews; attend integrated solutions meetings; interact with engineers.
• At least High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred Professional/Technical Qualifications/Licenses/Certifications:
• Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
• 5+ years of industry experience preferred
• In lieu of industry experience will consider the following fields: Avionics, Heating and Refrigeration, Communications, Automation, radar technology, mechanical, electrical and/or nuclear technologies Skills & Competencies:
• Strong initiative and self-starter
• Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
• Working knowledge of oil and gas production operations preferred, but will train acceptable candidate.
• Understanding of importance of environmental and safe work practices
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
• Technical skills related to math and analytical processes
• Proficiency in the use of personal computer utilizing a windows environment
• Ability to keep neat and accurate records
• General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
• Ability to identify operational inefficiencies
• Understanding of Business fundamentals
• Ability to implement cost effective solutions Job - Operations (Production)