We have an opening for an Instrument and Controls Engineer to work in the Rodeo, CA area.
Our Client is an American multinational company with downstream and midstream assets. With more than 140 years of experience, this diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company, is poised to help fulfill global energy needs. Full of seasoned leadership and talented teams, our client prides itself on its ability to make responsible choices in order to adapt and explore the opportunities that the changing energy market brings.
Design and layout of instrument and control systems detailing electronic instrument installations and conduit routing.
The Job: Develop instrumentation, location plan, design and develop loop drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams from P&IDs
- Provides technical input into process safety management (PSM) and risk management activities as appropriate such as hazardous operations reviews (HAZOPS), HAZID (hazard identification study), Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA).
- Leads and facilitates Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) as basis for determining targeted corrective actions to reduce/eliminate “bad actors” or chronically underperforming or failure-prone equipment.
- Documents and maintains reliability databases for assigned assets. Provides reliability data interpretation, analysis and reporting. Develops and calculates reliability metrics as basis for reliability improvements. Performs cost/benefits analysis for technical solutions.
- Assesses, designs and implements preventive and predictive maintenance programs in collaboration with Maintenance. Develops repairs plans as needed. Advocates benefits of reliability best practices and fosters integration into plant operations. Ensures lessons learned, best practices, reliability action items are implemented. May train/coach hourly craft personnel.
- Provides quality assurance, technical support and consistent application of standards and procedures to Maintenance, Operations and Engineering for new and existing equipment installations. Conducts technical reviews for expense and capital projects to ensure equipment designs meet reliability standards.
- 5-10 years experience with the design and layout of instrument and control systems with as many of the following as possible
- Familiar with piping symbols used in P&ID's
- Familiar with the facility I&C standards and vendor equipment
- Familiar with loop diagrams, instrument indexes, P&ID's, panel schedules, wiring and connection diagrams
- Ability to develop simple and complex loop diagrams, instrument indexes, and wiring/connection diagrams
- Ability to detail electronic and pneumatic instrument installations and develop conduit routing in existing facilities
- Experience with loop walk downs, control room verifications, factory acceptance tests and field start-ups
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship. TN Visas are acceptable. No relocation is offered for this position.