We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer work in the Houston, TX area.
Our Client prides itself in providing unparalleled, comprehensive support to their customers, and exceeding expectations during every phase of their projects. Their experienced team creates solutions of all shapes and sizes for industries of all shapes and sizes, by combining all the capability of a global EPC and controls and automation company, with the responsiveness of a small, local firm.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing project front-end documentation, including project execution plans, estimates, and schedules as related to electrical scope.
- Meeting with appropriate client staff to help develop project scope and report progress during project meetings.
- Helping assign electrical engineering and design staff to various projects within the Program.
- Leading and being responsible for the development of electrical specifications and construction drawing packages for petrochemical process and heavy-industrial facilities.
- Coordinating and communicating with the electrical Resource Manager for hiring needs. Staff hiring is not within the scope of responsibilities, but being available to interview and be a part of the process is.
- Using Company software tools to report on work status, forecasting, and schedule for projects with electrical scope within the Program.
- Developing and reviewing of procurement specifications, documentation, data sheets, and bid tabulations.
- Performing power system analysis (calculations of fault currents, electrical demand load, voltage drop, conduit and feeder sizing, heat trace sizing, etc.)
- Single point of accountability for all work within electrical Resource Group conducted within Program.
- Helping mentor more junior electrical engineers and designers.
- Degreed Electrical Engineer, PE preferable but not required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in design of industrial electrical power, distribution, area classification, schematics, grounding, lighting, and heat tracing systems.
- Project engineering/discipline team leadership experience helpful.
- Ability to estimate, schedule, and develop project scope.
- Working knowledge of industry standards, such as the National Electrical Code and IEEE.
- Strong communication skills – comfortable meeting with clients, other project team members, and vendors / material providers.
- Skilled at early project phase scoping and development.
- Able to work in refinery and other oil and gas production/transportation facilities.
- Knowledge of the following software:
- Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Application software such as lighting & heat trace design
- AutoCAD not required, but could potentially be utilized