We have an open position for a Junior Piping Designer to work in the Billing, MT area.
Our Client provides full multi-disciplined engineering, design, project management, procurement, and construction coordination support services to clients in the US and Canada. For decades, they have successfully provided these services to help their customers engineer the future of energy.
The Piping Designer is primarily responsible for the preparation of 3D modeling of equipment and piping systems using AutoCAD & Cadworx design software. The selected candidate will be developing equipment location drawings, detailed piping drawings and isometric drawings.
The Piping Designer is also responsible for:
- Assisting in the generation of process, mechanical and piping deliverables on multiple projects; taking direction from a Piping Lead
- Verifying 3D modeling in Cadworx
- Comparing design basis documents to the final work products; acting as a reference for technical piping design best practices
- Learning from errors and capitalizing on learning opportunities; identifying areas of concern and/or needs for clarification to Piping Lead
- 2+ years of experience in piping design and 3D modeling, with refinery experience required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Cadworx Design Software required
- Proficiency with Navisworks Design Software preferred
- Prior experience with pipe walk- downs, field walk- downs and field piping isometric sketches
- Working knowledge of the development of piping systems, their operability and constructability; knowledge of the selection of materials for corrosion resistance and/or compatibility
- Working knowledge of ISOGEN; knowledge of national standards, including ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.1