We have an opening for a Measurement or Gas Technician to work in the Platteville, CO area.
Our client is a leading midstream services firm in Midland, TX who owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets. They are one of the largest crude oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the US.
Performs data analysis to ensure a consistent, timely flow of accurate measurement data in compliance with contractual requirements, industry standards and company policy. Reviews measurement data for accuracy and makes necessary edits of data. Resolves questions and problems using principles for measurement in accordance with standardized processes. Develops recommendations to improve measurement processes based on analysis.
- Provides direction, support, guidance, and training to less experienced measurement analyst.
- Monitors, analyzes and troubleshoots pipeline balance data to assure accuracy, completeness, and makes necessary edits to the data as needed.
- Works closely with and provides input to the measurement analyst, measurement technicians, and field operations supervisors to resolve balance issues.
- Works directly with measurement operations and other departments to resolve balance related issues. This sometimes involves negotiating with the parties to ensure a consensus to the final outcome is achieved.
- Responsible for reviewing daily and monthly balances to identify and correct erroneous, invalid, and questionable data, to insure the most accurate measurement balance data is made available to Operations and other stakeholders.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute balance reports, reviews balances for excessive loss/gain issues, and develop mitigation plans with field operations.
- Schedule and host balance review meetings with measurement analysts and field operations for all of the assigned pipeline assets.
- Maintain detailed notes to document all balance review meetings, edits performed to balance configurations and balance reports.
- Work closely with the measurement analyst to resolve issues found during the balance review process.
- Generate, analyze, distribute various reports needed to evaluate and ensure the accuracy of balance data.
- Develops and provides data related to various data requests relating to assigned meters, segments and quality, made by internal departments as well as external customers.
- Responsible for monthly audit and reporting of new meter additions or removals to a pipeline balance configuration.
- Ensures that detailed records are properly maintained of all work performed including new meter setups, data edits and balance configuration changes to ensure compliance with all company controls.
- Works closely with customers and internal company departments to resolve measurement related issues.
- Maintain customer relations with internal and third-party customers.
- 2 - 5 years as an Analyst or other applicable measurement experience with responsibility for the analytical review of gas or liquid measurement data, as applicable.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have an aptitude for analyzing data.
- Must have good communications skills and work well with other stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities may shift rapidly.