We have an opening available for an HSE Specialist to work in the Gillette, WY.
Our client is a leading midstream services firm in Midland, TX who owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets. They are one of the largest crude oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the US.
- Responsible for communicating and applying federal, state, local and company HSE policies in addition to requirements within operations
- Develop and implement new and existing programs designed to promote improved HSE performance, annual maintenance of risk management plans, emergency response planning, audits and assessments
- Record keeping, internal and external reporting, development of written reports
- Conduct Investigations, root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Provide HSE training and support to cross functional field personnel
- Perform industrial hygiene exposure sampling.
- Inspect industrial hygiene equipment.
- Maintain and track industrial hygiene programs.
- Support the Contractor Management Program initiatives, including audits, field assessments, observations and investigation reviews
- Lead/present/facilitate key health and safety topics at employee and contractor engagement forums, meetings and roundtables
- Demonstrates working knowledge of HSE polices and company programs; developing ability to contribute to HSE programs and controls implementation process.
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- High School diploma or GED
- HSE-related Associates/Bachelor’s degree or HSE Certifications preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work within multi-discipline team environment.
- Ability to prepare and deliver both written and oral presentations.
- Advanced in use of Microsoft Office Suite software .
- Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills.
- Limited supervision required.
- Understands local and central management goals in addition to business objectives; incorporates same into problem solving process.
- Understands importance in keeping all appropriate individuals informed.
- Works with asset or project team members to provide technical solutions.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of HSE activities including confined space entry, hot work, lock-out/tag-out, and other safe work permits.
- Proactive in seeking assistance from local experts on technical matters.
- Obtained HSE-related certifications, such as CSP, OHST, CSHO, CHST, ASP or other relevant credential – Preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the oil/gas industry. Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management interpersonal and communication skills.
Skills & Competencies:
- Bilingual languages – preferred (Spanish)
- Working knowledge of company HSE Software (Enablon, SAP)
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate
- Basic awareness of financial planning