We have an opening for an HSE Field Specialist to work in the Williston, ND area.
Our Client is an American energy company operating principally in the U.S. and Canada, that specializes in the drilling and production of unconventional oil and natural gas assets. Our client has a reputation for efficient resource development, environmental stewardship and community involvement, with a drive to meet the growing challenges of the domestic natural gas industry.
Will support team covering Workover Rigs (14), Coil Tubing Units and Frac in the Williston Basin (Williston, Alexander Watford City and Killdeer areas):
Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) Specialists not only support one or more safety, security, health, or environmental subject areas for a particular site or functional group within an affiliate but also provide a level of subject matter expertise in one or more areas. The SSHE Specialist influences the field organization without formal authority by demonstrating strong operations and/or maintenance skills, and interacting effectively with operations/manufacturing/pipeline/other field organizations. The SSHE Specialist also demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills while working with diverse groups. This job role will cover some but not all of the responsibilities listed below. Typical Job Position Titles may include: EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) Coordinator, Safety Specialist, Waste Coordinator, etc. .
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition in all level 1 tasks and responsibilities, Level 2:
- Assist the workforce in the implementation of SSHE Processes, Safety Instructions, Safety Procedures, and hazard management strategies as well as ensure compliance with project plans and other relevant company programs.
- Encourage and facilitate an appropriate level of workforce participation in the application of SSHE processes.
- Proactively identify SSHE related issues at the project site and facilitate effective resolution of any issues.
- Participate in contractor qualification process and other SSHE activities as requested by SSHE Lead.
- Provide review and comment, as appropriate, on project specific procedures and manuals.
- Management, inspection and maintenance of SHE Critical Equipment (fire response, oil spill response, portable gas detection etc.).
- Review of annual ERT drill program and feedback to central OIMS team and System 10-2 Administrator.
- Communication of Emergency Response Plans to ERT and other relevant personnel.
- Coordination of emergency response teams in conjunction with On Scene Coordinator (OSC) during emergency scenarios.
- Manages forward control (FCP) during emergency situations.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Behavioral Skills: analytical, communicates effectively, courage of conviction, manages risk.
- Emergency preparedness and response, incident investigation and analysis, operations integrity and compliance assessment, OIMS execution support, risk assessment and management, safety management, safety regulations and standards, fundamentals of health, fundamentals of environmental management and regulatory compliance, environmental standards, regulation development and advocacy, SSHE management.
- Operations and maintenance, managing critical operations activities.
- Demonstrated work experience in safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience).
- Knowledge of security processes and procedures.
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team.
- Prefer prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance.
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures.
- No training will be provided (other than the company’s specific safety standards and procedures).