We have an opening for a Vessels Engineer to work in the Plaquemine, LA area.
Our client’s portfolio of specialty chemicals, advanced materials and plastics delivers a broad range of technology- based products and solutions to high- growth sectors, including energy, water, coatings, electronics, oil and gas.
- Conduct Fitness For Service (FFS) and deferral evaluations on all types of PCE and some piping systems.
- Support plant maintenance and turnaround activity as needed.
- Interpret and enforce applicable Pressure Vessel Codes.
- Perform equipment assessments and risk evaluations of all types of PCE (Heat Exchangers, Distillation Towers, Drums, Atmospheric Storage Tanks, etc.).
- Generate post construction repair scopes for process containment equipment in accordance with applicable code, industry best practice, and Client standards.
- Work with site inspections group on inspection techniques and data requirements pertaining to flaw evaluations and equipment repairs.
- Advise on flange, gasket, and fastener related issues, as needed.
- Participate in Root Cause Investigations regarding PCE issues.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering required
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of technical experience within the discipline working in a refinery, petrochemical, gas processing, E&C company or related industry required
- Knowledge of specialized software such as Compress, Caesar II, Microsoft Office required
- Engineering background in refinery or petrochemical environment with an understanding of PFD’s, P&ID’s, equipment and instruments sizing, and development of basic engineering packages required
- Experience in performing ASME pressure vessel calculations, selecting materials for construction, evaluating pumps, compressors, exchangers and other mechanical equipment for acceptability to specifications for mechanical engineer discipline required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills