We have an opening for Reliability Engineer to work in the Pasadena, TX area.
Our Client prides itself in providing unparalleled, comprehensive support to their customers, and exceeding expectations during every phase of their projects. Their experienced team creates solutions of all shapes and sizes for industries of all shapes and sizes, by combining all the capability of a global EPC and controls and automation company, with the responsiveness of a small, local firm.
The reliability engineer serves the Gulf Coast EBSM units as the lead for strategic reliability programs such as bad actors, criticality, and root-cause analysis. This position interacts directly with the maintenance engineers, project engineers, and process engineers to develop a bad actor list, bring long-term issues to resolution, and improve overall reliability while reducing operating costs.
- Facilitates formal root-cause investigations and assists in development of corrective actions
- Leads the first stage investigation for reliability and capital projects and works with the technical engineering department to bring these projects to completion.
- Develops Bad Actor list and corrective actions for resolution
- Maintains the master equipment criticality list
- Reviews high critical equipment maintenance strategies ensure optimal Preventative Maintenance (PM), Predictive Maintenance (PdM), Spare-Parts, and training considerations
- Recommends preventative maintenance techniques: calculation of tourqueing specifications for unit manways, examination and change out of lube oil for vent gas compressors, and overhaul schedules for utilities air compressors
- Support safety and related processes such as Process Hazard Analysis (PHAs), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPAs), Management of Change (MOC) and Pre-Safety Start Up Reviews (PSSRs)
- Implements identified corrective actions as a result of incident investigations or HAZOPs
- Develop teams to resolve high priority issues
- Process equipment including reactors, superheating furnaces, compressors, exchangers, and a variety of pumps
- Equipment criticality, bad actors, maintenance KPIs, and root-cause investigation
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years in engineering roles in chemical or petrochemical industry
- Root-Cause Analysis and facilitating investigations
- SAP maintenance plans, MIDs/BOMs, Work Order History module, and MTBF
- Project execution and cost estimating techniques
- Troubleshooting process issues
- Work autonomously
- Humble and life-long learner