We have an opening for an I&E Tech to work in the Wattenberg, CO area.
Our Client represents over a century of expertise, with 6,600 global team members who deliver forward-thinking innovations, unmatched global supply chain capability, and market-shaping solutions in reservoir, drilling, production, midstream, and water applications. Their world-class safety culture fuels their purpose to improve lives through their commitment to deliver globally sustainable operations.
This position will primarily be responsible for providing automation and maintenance support while maintaining safe operations of repairs, trouble shooting, and installing various equipment and components, i.e., piping, forklifts and pumps etc.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and install plant pneumatic equipment and electrical instrumentation.
- Recognize and avoid safety hazards in the work environment
- Calibrate, install, and maintain all types of electronic instrumentation including pH, conductivity, level, flow, temperature, and pressure equipment.
- Run conduit, pull cable, run pneumatic tubing, along with periodically pulling control values for repair.
- You may be assigned responsibility for calibration and associated record keeping of instrumentation or other special projects.
- You may serve on teams developed to increase and maximize efficiently in production.
- Comply with all applicable site Safety, Health, Environmental, and Security policies and procedures
- Install and troubleshoot electrical motor controls
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on regulatory, electrical, and instrumentation equipment.
- Close out work orders, record time, parts usage, support/reinforce cost control.
- Participate in safety meetings, planning committees, TPM, and team functions
- Write equipment repair & preventative maintenance (PM) procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Adhere to all Structured Safety Process and ISO Quality System Requirements.
- Minimum 2 years industrial experience in programming and troubleshooting with the Allen Bradley RSLogix suite of PLC and HMI software, Schneider Modicon, GE, Siemens, and Intouch Wonderware. Programming languages to include Ladder, Structured Text, Function Block, and Sequential Function Chart.
- Experience with CMMS, Excel, and Word
- Ability to setup and troubleshoot industrial instrumentation, switches and sensors
- Experience setting up VFD’s Soft Starters, flow meters, servos and motor control systems
- Knowledge of how to read technical schematics, P&ID’s
- Experience in mechanical maintenance of pumps, piping, vessels, valves, PRV, PVRV
- Strong knowledge in networking and industrial protocols.
- Have at least 3 years of electrical / control systems experience
- Inventory management
- Experience with CMMS, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of NEC
- Technical certification in electrical troubleshooting/maintenance
- Experience with DCS, variable speed drives, and PLC
- Formal vocational training in plant maintenance activities with emphasis on industrial applications or equivalent job experience in electricity, power distribution, industrial electrical wiring, mechanic, machine operations, general plumbing, heating ventilation and air conditioning, boiler operations.
- Able to work in difficult situations such as confined spaces, hear and in high places
- Experience in pumps, welding, bearings, electrical safety, forklifts, gears, hydraulics, valves, and rigging
- Experience in a TPM and Lean Environment
- Skills or certification as a Welder, Machinist, Pump/Mixer specialist, Millwright, Electrician/Electronic Instrumentation Specialist, Pipe Fitter, General Mechanic, Carpenter, Painter, Masonry worker, or Insulator
- College level training course, such as welding, instrumentation, heating and AC Conditioning or other construction/maintenance craft is recommended.
- Experience in customer relations
- Awareness of chemical safety and the measures to take in the event of skin contact or spill
- Trained in arc Flash Safety
- Must have the ability to Lift/Carry up to 50 pounds chest high, climb stairs or ladders, and agile enough to squat and bend over (Agility Tests 1, 2a, 2b).
- This role is deemed safety sensitive and may be subject to employer or customer drug testing.