We have an opening for a Sr. Cost Accountant to work in the Fort Worth, TX area. Accountant wil provide accounting support for manufacturing and operations. Work with operations management to continuously improve efficiency and productivity within manufacturing facilities. Create reporting and analysis to ensure the financial statement compiled by the facilities are accurate. Focus on improving current reporting and manufacturing processes.
Our client is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry. Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our client’s family of companies provides the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
- Partner with operations management to provide advice and technical assistance with operational processes.
- Presentation of monthly manufacturing performance results
- Review and analysis of monthly actual vs plan
- Analyze product cost and variances associated with purchased and manufactured goods
- Assist in converting to a standard costing environment
- Report on results of periodic audits of inventories (Work in Process, Finished Goods/Raw Mat)
- Review BOMS and Routings for accuracy
- Develop more efficient and accurate manufacturing reporting
- Assist in special assignments as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 5+ years of manufacturing cost accounting experience
- CPA/CMA Certification Not Required, but Preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- xperience utilizing ERP systems and have a good understanding of MRP (material resource planning).
- Must have experience working with Standard Cost
- Aptitude for relating manufacturing activities and processes to financial outcomes.
- Proven track record of results and ability to partner with all levels within the organization