We have an opening for a Sr. Financial Analyst to work in the Houston, TX area.
Our client is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry. Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our client’s family of companies provides the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
- Monthly financial analysis, including but not limited to, actual to forecast variance and trend variances inclusive of gross margin review of third-party and IC sales, as well as operating margin review including other costs of sales.
- Analysis and preparation of rolling forecasts and annual budgets dealing with multiple cost centers and locations.
- Reporting KPIs to operations/management and ensuring understanding of metrics.
- Coordination and oversight responsibility for accurate revenue recognition through POC.
- Work toward identifying and implementing process improvements in finance and operations organizations.
- Assisting with both internal and external annual audits.
- Ensure integrity of internal controls in compliance with SOX requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or related field
- CPA and/or MBA preferred, but not required
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel competency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Hyperion Financial Management and/or Oracle experience a plus
- At least 3-5 years of Financial Analyst experience with Variance Analysis, and Balance Sheet Recons
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Experience with Hyperion and Smartview Software (Preferred)
- Experience with Analyzing P&L and Forecasting