We have an opening for an Oilfield Services Account Manager to work in the Odessa, TX area. This position is self-motivated and competitive with ability to expand opportunities with existing customer base and work to qualify/grow new accounts in the pressure pumping and cementing industry. This position requires a customer focused individual that can problem solve and help identify solutions based on customer feedback.
Our client is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry. Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our client’s family of companies provides the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
- Retains sales forecast and sales strategy development to achieve plan.
- Maintains strong working relationship with key personnel with key accounts. Candidate will use these relationships to: support sales and service initiatives, benchmark and monitor Sales Group performance, and develop new and innovative ideas.
- Understands and represents a large number of fracturing, acidizing, cementing, and coil tubing equipment and be able to convey value Client can bring to table when selling.
- Interfaces and relates with broad range of customers from maintenance level to executive management, read a room to identify roadblocks, and high level presentation skills
- Handles long and short cycle sales. Some deals may take 1 month some take years to develop and close.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 5 plus years of relevant experience.
- Concentrates his/her efforts on the important priorities.
- Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
- Willing to be a champion for business growth.
- Capable of understanding Client’s portfolio of products and services at a technical level in order to align them with sales strategy.
- Able to identify priority activities and convey them to the Sales and Operations Team in order to effectively coordinate the allocation of resources.
- Excellent documentation skills, with the ability to recommend and articulate process improvements and required changes.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite ability.
- Oil & Gas Fracturing, Acidizing, Cementing, Coil Tubing industry experience preferred.
- Do you enjoy traveling? About 65% of your time will be spent off sight at customer sites and/or other Client facilities.
- Technical background i.e. mechanical engineering, engineering technology, Industrial distribution, without looking for min 5 years of dedicated experience in similar field
OFS (Oilfield Service) company background - maintenance, equipment or asset manager, technology development, technical sales, manufacturing of large industrial equipment background
- Background with formal understanding of hydraulics (open and closed loop circuits), pneumatics, industrial controls, mechanical equipment, some low/medium voltage electrical equipment, some turbine engine knowledge
- Able to discuss and configure equipment design and components without additional engineering backup.
- Demonstrated ability to build, sell and negotiate multimillion deals $10-60MM
- Looking for 1.5 to 2 yr. training cycle commitment, not interested in people that job hop every year.